Sunday, January 27, 2008

In Case You Didn't Notice, Obama Won SC

And what's more, there was a record turnout in the SC Democratic Primary. And 49% of Obama's votes came from those under 30. Those two figures together tell me that Obama's message is reaching a segment of the population that normally does not care very much about politics. I think Obama is right, that people are tired of politics as usual.

Another interesting thing to note: approximately 530,322 people voted in the SC Democratic Primary. Of those, Obama got 55%, or 295,091. Approximately 425,000 people voted in the SC Republican Primary. (all figures used for this post can be found here)

NOTE: I previously and erroneously posted that 295,000 + people voted in the Republican Primary. Sorry for the misinformation.

"Out of many, we are one."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you hear that speech?
Man O' Man! I'm leaning more & more towards Obama-Rama! I think I'm going to ad campaign like Nike did 10 years ago for a certain young mixed-race golf phenom..........I am Barack Obama.

Anthony Palmer, Ph.D. said...

Have you started blogging again? Good to see you're back in form.

The Blue South said...

I initially left after becoming completely disgusted with the ubiquitous premature coverage of the presidential primaries. Now that the race is really underway, and I have a few other things to talk about, I have decided to return to the blogosphere and my now 2 confirmed readers.

Anonymous said...

so exactly what is obama's msg and how does it differ significantly from clinton incorporated?

btw, van der sloot dumped natalie holloway's body in the ocean...