Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Adding Insult to Insult

So the Senate has proposed its own version of a bailout bill, aimed at garnering more Republican support. My immediate reaction was that the new bill would include the erection of a golden statue of Ronald Reagan standing between the World Trade Center Towers waving an American flag that constantly plays a loop of Toby Keith's "Angry American (Courtesy of The Red White and Blue)". Turns out I was wrong, but that would totally be a bad ass statue. By the way, reader(s), I hereby commission artistic renderings of such a statue. These can be sent via email to thebluesouth@gmail.com. I'll post the winning submission on the site.

However, it turns out the Senate, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to attract Republicans with the old faithful of Republican support-garnering devices- tax cuts. That's right, our Senate decided to make a $700 billion economic rescue package (that's $700 billion dollars coming from the government) more appealing by reducing the amount of money the government can collect.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Please fire these people. Please, voters, fire these people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The statue is a wonderful idea!!! If I had any artistic talent, I would offer it. Perhaps, I can persuade Ms. Mohammed to do it.

Good news Blue. I'm going to vote for a Democrat in this election. It will be the first Dem I've voted for since Jimmy Carter. Don't know who it is, but whoever is running against 'light in the loafers' Lindsey Graham will get my vote.

The Blue South said...

Vote your conscience and your political ideology, that's all I ask. And yes, Graham is pathetic.